Blogs > Lighten Up with Crystal

28-year-old Crystal Cicconetti of Painesville will join forces with a lifelong friend to get in shape and become what she describes as "a smokin' hot mom." She and her family have cut out processed food and dining out.

Monday, February 6, 2012

My awesome day!

I have heard that spaghetti squash is a great substitute for the real thing and Ali Vincent swears that was how she won her season of The Biggest Loser. So when my husband went to the fruit market he picked one up for me so I could give it a try. I cut it in half, scooped out the "guts" and brushed some extra virgin olive oil on it and baked it at 350* for just about an hour. Meanwhile I browned up some 93% lean ground beef and added onion and green pepper to it, then added some sauce. By the time i was done with that and getting my daughter's dinner finished the squash was ready. All I had to do was let it cool and scrape it with a fork and it was ready! I have to tell you I was expecting to hate it, but with the first bite I actually LOVED it!!! I think it was actually better than pasta!! It was so fresh and delish! I got so excited that i had to tell my sister about it, and she told me that she is now going to try it! I am going to look up some other ways to use it in other dishes too. Now that I know it is so good I am starting to wonder what else I can swap in a meal to make it healthy.... 

So after dinner my daughter and I went for a nice brisk walk...she is my "little" coach when I am not with my friend Danielle who keeps me moving and working out. She grabbed my hand and told me she was proud of me, I don't think I have ever been so proud of myself and she made me feel so good inside! She told me "Mom whenever it gets nice outside and you don't make me wear my coat, hat, and gloves, I will take you for bike rides and walks at the park." I have never been so excited for the nice weather to get here so I can keep busy and enjoy the outdoors! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home